Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 42

I'm proud to say that I did the 1500 rope jumps today!

The weather is getting better so I could jump in my balcony and enjoy a soft breeze.
After that I felt enough energy and wanted to do something more: the legendary 8 minutes abs from the video Patrick told us about.
The music really is terrible and the guys look very 80's but the exercises are intense. Give them a try and then collapse.

All this was possible today in spite of how low I was feeling during the day. I was on the verge of forgetting all about jumps; there were only two things in my mind: sleep and the box of chocolate truffles, a birthday gift, that is hidden in a drawer. Can truffles communicate telepathically? I'm sure I heard them speak my name.

So, instead of falling for the little choco-devils I went for a walk and bought some food (today I was specially aware of all the cookies and chips in the store!).
Leaving the house helped a lot. Walking and breathing gave me a boost and as soon as I got back home I started jumping.

What tricks do you have to get energized and begin working out?
Should I get rid of the truffle box?????

5 comments:

  1. If you can manage with the truffle box in the house, I think you'll be stronger for avoiding temptation. But if you really really can't resist, I'd chuck them out. Maybe send them to Glasgow. Wait! I think they are calling *my* name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Nickety, I hear them calling you now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes when I can't get myself to change into my workout clothes I read other PCP blogs. Especially if I'm in the middle of computer work I can't seem to abandon...it's a nice quick way to remind myself about the project and our goals.

    Or, music videos!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What helps me is establishing a consistent daily schedule. For me, I'll get up around 6am and start my day with the jumprope, followed by a shower and then the commute to work. I'll get home from work anytime between 9-11pm, at which point I'll do the rest of the exercises, scale/pack the next day's meals, spend time with my wife, shower, and then go to bed. I've found that after getting used to this schedule (which took about 2 weeks), my body is basically on auto-pilot now. Instead of the temptation of sleeping in/skipping things, my body is basically telling me, "hey, isn't it time to do this?"

    ReplyDelete